- I meet Fredrik Lindberg’s son and Tor-Björn Håkansson on a rainy Thursday in September, Stockholm, is headed for another fall and winter.
There are few people in the vasa city streets but in the cafés makes it all the more.
The café we’ve decided to hit is not as crowded, there is a small but oh so cozy cafe with one of Sweden’s best expressos.
I arrive early and sit down and order coffee and a sandwich. When I come to rest
I read through some of the texts written about The Embassy over the years, it has become a part.
On the Internet can be used to read:
- “… Their perfect career has been that they have created an aura of mystery around them, their importance for
Anti-rock movement’s efforts away from the denim-clad rock standards can not be underestimated. “
- “The Embassy has created debate with his methods, and many consider them to be pretentious
and elitist. “
- “Nominated for P3 Gold for the Year group 2009:
The Ark “State Of The Ark”
Bodies Without Organs “Prototype”
The Cardigans’ Super Extra Gravity “
The Embassy “tacking”
Kent “You & I is death” “
- When I’m lost in my prints, I hear the door opened and the
, Fredrik and Tor-Bjorn each his own umbrella.
Frederick has a black knit sweater and shirt, blue jeans and freshly-cut hair carefully combed hair.
Tor-Bjorn has blue shirt and a white polo shirt. He has short hair and
a sleek leather case that appears to contain something important, what it contains I do not know.
It looks like Italian and Tor-Bjorn sets it down in the chair across from me.
- Frederick ordered coffee for both of them and must pay by credit card, but it is not so
Tor-Björn may pay with their cash instead. I notice that he has a black wallet
with maybe 4-5 cards in the pockets.
Fredrik has milk in your coffee and Tor-Bjorn a sugar cube. They sit down and say hello.
Both look pretty tired, I wonder why, and both answers evasive.
- Tor-Bjorn look dreamily out through the large windows onto the street where people started to go from their jobs.
He sips at his coffee and warming their hands around the cup.
Frederick sways a bit in his chair and smiles a crooked smile.
- The Embassy has released three albums and several singles. Both have side projects which also takes up
time. The band is on the record label Service, which also publishes the music of such The Though Alliance
- Frederick whistle on a little tune, I ask if there is anything from a new project or any
new song. He does not answer but continues to whistle. He smiles his crooked smile again.
- Time passes and Frederick must go, he has an important meeting later in the evening. Tor-Bjorn
also shows that he wants to go. We break up and simultaneously decide to maybe have a beer or two this weekend.
We change the numbers and I note that Fred has an old mobile phone from Nokia, it is a little worn and fine.
- They disappear and I sit alone. It has stopped raining outside and my sandwich
has long been eaten. I notice that the Tor-Björn bit worn leather case remains on the floor.
I can not restrain my curiosity, but takes it up and peep what’s in it.
It contains a blunt pencil and a couple of candy paper. The newspaper, he
with him when he walked. I think I probably could return the bag when we meet this weekend.
I sent an SMS to his number, which I just received and says I have the bag.
I get a message back: “Thank you”.
So sweet and yet so incredibly poetic.
The Embassy in its purest form.
- ~ Originally published in Domino Magazine